Creating Economic Capital and Jobs
- Generated $6.25+ million in grants/sponsorships since founding (ongoing)
- Generated positive national publicity for Buffalo Niagara Region
- 1992-2014 hosting national conferences earning eight All America City FINALIST status and winning two All America City awards from the National Civic League
- National leadership positions held, national public speaking appearances, and honors earned by the Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo.
- Pioneering in advocacy action for workforce health promotion to impact productivity and health care costs
- Helped to save the City of Buffalo millions of dollars in health insurance spending by paving way to healthier workforce through 16 year employee wellnes program management.
- Job creation – twelve employees, 300+ interns trained.
- First in Buffalo, NY region to publicly champion “Health Promotion” as a growth industry for Buffalo Niagara region (1997).
- Helped incubate multiple health-enhancing and revenue-generating organizations; resulting in 15 additional full-time jobs created in community!
- Massachusetts Avenue Project (1998)
- BWI Health Promotions (2004)
- Green Options Buffalo (2009)
- Buffalo Car Share (2010)
- Net Positive (2012)
- Explore Buffalo (2013)
- Citizen science Community Resources
- Participated in creation of City of Buffalo Creativity and Civic Solutions Commission (2004) – first in the United States.
- Advocated to relocate Bicycle History Center and Children’s Museum as “cultural tourism” attractions to downtown Buffalo water front location at Canalside.
- Partnered with Arden Farm in East Aurora, NY to strengthen their efforts in agri-tourism, health education and small scale organic farming (2014-present).
- Established partnership with BWI Health Promotion to open National Worksite Health Promotion Training Institute in the Innovation Center on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (2010).
- Certified 10 Worksite Health Promotion trainees Spring 2011.(ongoing training)
- Brought statewide presence of BeActive New York State (2002) and National Association for Health and Fitness (2008) to Western New York through management services contracts.
Don't Miss a Beat!
Be a part of community health initiatives.
This website, all text and images, Copyright© 2021 Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo
No use permitted without permission